Covid Measures and How To Find Us
Marine Hotel, Paignton
Covid Procedures and Measures
*please note that all covid measures are subject to continual assessment and possible change
- Each department to have separate briefings prior to opening with regard to how covid will change their department.
- All staff to attend a co-vid awareness training meeting.
- Non-contact automatic sanitiser dispensers have been put by the main front door and at the dining room entrance. Sanitiser is also available at the bar.
- All guest information will be taken prior to arrival to avoid the need for filling out forms upon arrival, but independent guests temperature will be taken upon arrival and logged. With our coach groups, the coach company will take customers temperature prior to boarding and we will take a copy of their log upon arrival. We will actively encourage card payments, the customer will insert the card themselves and the machine will be disinfected after each use. Bedroom keys will be disinfected each time they are handed in. Contactless card payments will be taken at the bar.
- Where a customer is not physically able to carry their own luggage, we will take suitcases only but will spray handles with disinfectant before and after handling. Cases will only be placed just inside the bedroom door.
- No daily newspaper service will be offered at this present time.
- Room information books will be removed from the bedrooms as will all cushions and throws. Any important information will be put on the back of the bedroom door.
- Remote controls will be thoroughly disinfected and then placed in plastic sleeves with a sticky seal. Once seal is broken the process will be repeated.
- Each bedroom will have tea and coffee etc for 1 day and this will be replenished each day. During a daily room service, which will be completed whilst the guest is out of the bedroom, all surfaces, switches, handles, flushes and taps will be cleaned with a hospital grade disinfectant.
- All of our meals are fully served and waiting staff will wear face coverings.
- Some tables in the dining room have been removed / moved to allow for social distancing.
- Tables will not be pre-laid with cutlery, this will be taken out with the meals. We do not use disposable condiments but all condiments will be disinfected after each meal service. Guests are allocated specific tables for the duration of their stay and table cloths will be laundered after each guest departs.
- Our bar is wide enough to maintain social distancing so therefore no screen has been fitted but bar staff will ensure that distancing is maintained. Bar staff will wear a face covering.
- The public toilets will have paper towels to dry your hands with instead of a hand drier.
- There will be limited live entertainment at this present time.
Paignton Map & Directions
Getting to Paignton couldn't be easier. From the M5 and past Newton Abbot and onto Torquay, follow the A380 Ring Road signposted for Paignton.
At the second roundabout, turn left signposted ' Sea Front'. Follow the road down to the traffic lights. Go straight forward onto Seaway Road, then under the railway bridge following the right around to the right. Continue along this road along the seafront until you arrive at the Marine Hotel on your right hand side.
Use the resources to the right for a printable map and an interactive route planner.
Please see below a map of nearby airports and train stations.
Click on a marker to get directions and further information.